Having reached the end of our first year running Seadrift Bed and Breakfast and letting Shingle Bay Cottage we decided to put “pen to paper” with a short blog on memories from this year.
Inevitably we seldom get to know our cottage guests as well as our bed and breakfast guests however there have been some funny, poignant, unusual and touching moments from this year. If you have stayed with us you may just recognise some of the experiences….
– Travelling with cabbage plants ( and photos of them on their return!)
– One guest launching their inflatable double kayak and nearly launching his wife too!!!
– The BBQ in the pouring rain – we love guests who won’t be defeated by a little thing like weather!
– The enthusiasm with which guests have told me of their viewings of the deer from the window of Shingle Bay (sorry I don’t seem quite so keen – they eat all my plants!).
– The cyclamen that is well travelled
– Receiving a photo of our cat with a poem, from guests we had hardly seen. (please rest assured the cat is not allowed in the cottage and thank you to all the cat loving guests who have respected that)
– The unusual friendship between our cat (who doesn’t “do” children) and one of our younger guests – great photos to boot!
– A lovely Belgian couple with such enthusiasm for everything they did whilst here
– Serious numbers of serious walkers Munro bagging – I am so glad that one particular guest finally conquered Beinn Alligin, although I still plan to achieve the Five sisters of Kintail.
– not so serious walkers enjoying the wonderful sights and short walks around Skye and Lochalsh
– Standing shoreside with guests watching an otter swimming around one evening – we were all so relaxed!
– Mastering the underfloor heating with our early guests – so easy when you know how!!!
– Wedding guests looking splendid before the marriage ceremony of their son at Eilean Donan castle
– The most wonderful photos of the birdlife being sent by guests taken both from Shingle Bay windows and down by the shore
The best part for us has been the warmth from all our guests – thank you for making 2015 so memorable, and thank you so much for all your kind comments in the guest book!
Lisa and David